In the fall, the evenings are usually quite cold which means that you’ll need to start a fire. There is nothing more enjoyable and relaxing than sitting near a campfire while you chat and sing with your friends. All you will need is some coffee or hot cocoa and s’mores and you’ll be all set.
The mornings will also be quite cold in the fall and this creates a magical and mystical effect. This happens because the cool mornings combined with the heat from the water causes fog near lakes and ponds.
Next, another great reason why RV camping during the fall is such a great idea is so that you can enjoy the foliage. During the fall in Arkansas, the leaves turn color a bit later than other areas. So, you can actually follow the changing foliage colors in your RV by camping in different areas every weekend. All you need to do is camp a bit further south each week.
The Amazing Weather
The great thing about fall is that it is a perfect time to enjoy various activities such as biking, hiking etc. The great thing about this time is that it isn’t very hot and it isn’t very cold either. This means that you can spend all day outdoors if you want and you’ll be quite comfortable. You can even spend a lot of time in the water if you wish.
You can start your day wearing a couple layers of clothes and then take layers off as the day progresses. We also enjoy doing float trips because the water is still a bit warm to enjoy.
RV Camping Tips During The Fall
As you can see, RV camping during the fall season is a fantastic idea. We will now look at a couple of tips that will help you to enjoy your fall camping a bit more.
1. Always ensure that you have a reserve propane tank before you set out and that all your tanks are full. You definitely don’t want to run out of propane on those cold nights.
2. Make sure you have lots of extra clothes to layer on. Even though the days may feel warm, the nights and mornings can be quite cold. It is better to pack extra clothes and not need them than to not have enough clothes and have a miserable cold trip. Make sure to pack lots of hoodies, long sleeve shirts, t-shirts, beanies, socks, gloves etc.
3. Don’t forget to pack extra blankets
4. Walk with lots of hot chocolate, tea bags, coffee etc. You will definitely enjoy your hot beverage on cold evenings and mornings.
5. Pack lots of s’mores as they make the perfect campfire snack.
6. Hiking shoes are also very important and will keep your feet warm and well protected.
7. Pack a walled canopy so that you can be outdoors even if it rains.
8. Lastly, make sure to pack lots of insect spray. There will undoubtedly be lots of bugs during the day and night and you don’t want to be caught without bug spray to defend your territory.